Wednesday 17 June 2020

TTT BMI

We are just having a discussion about Zwift team time trial tactics.

I've proposed a simple one and it struck me that it follows a universal formula that I have applied with great success not only to cycling but all my life.

As with all great ideas it requires a TLA, so this one is "BMI".

  • Baseline: Deciding where I am at the moment for whatever I want to make better, basically what exactly it is
  • Measure: Just do it and find out where I am
  • Improve: Improve the measure in some way. Which takes me back to B.

So for the TTT the baseline I'm proposing is we keep it dead simple and just aim that the lead rider holds 5.0 W/kg  (Baseline) for a minute(Baseline) then the next rider moves up. So everyone will end up doing 1 minute at or over FTP and 4-7 minutes under, which should be possible (and also happens to a very good workout).


Depending on whether it turns out to be easy or hard (Measure) it will be a simple matter to change either of the 2 key variable of target power or duration, hopefully in the "Improve" direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment