Wednesday 3 June 2020

World Class

I thought it would be interesting to compare my power numbers with others in my age group. 

After a bit of digging I found a couple of interesting sites, I'm sure there are more. 


is a spreadsheet derived from several thousand rider's data. It asks for power numbers in 6 different time categories, I plugged my numbers in and got the result below.


Pretty chuffed with this. I am a terrible track sprinter but from then on I pick up and my numbers from 9 minutes onwards put me in the top 0.2% for my age which makes me "world class"...

Just out of interest I changed my age to that of a 20 something rider and the results were still pretty good top 10% making me around cat 1 standard.

The other site I found is 

https://intervals.icu/

This synchs with Strava and uses data from there to produce individual training data. 

There are nearly 5000 riders signed up so and it also allows you to compare yourself against others. 

The results stack up very well against the spreadsheet. 

Age group is below, again I'm in the high 90s.



 
 Against all 5000 males I'm still in the top 10%, top 5% at my best.






All in all pretty good and great encouragement to keep training

2 comments:

  1. I imagine that the average person who puts information into these databases is above average - i.e. better than the average recreational cyclist, so that would make you look even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, hadn't thought of that, will keep me even more motivated as I guess the trend will be for more and more folks to start using power meters and using databases like these.

      Delete